All the operating systems including Windows XP come with a system clock. At times you might find that this clock of your Windows XP operating system is displaying the wrong time. If that’s the case then just follow the instructions given in this in this article and you will be able to fix your system clock.
Windows XP support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Windows XP support, which will assist you in the process of fixing the system clock.
- Start out by making sure that the clock is displaying the correct time. Check the system clock located in the system tray against your wrist watch.
- If you find that your system clock is displaying the wrong time, then you need to fix the same. To do this, double click on the time displayed on the lower right-hand corner of your screen. This will open up the “Date and Time Properties” window. Go to the tab titled “Date and Time”. Change the hour, minutes and seconds by highlighting the appropriate numbers and typing over them.
- Adjust the date of your Windows XP clock. Make use of the drop down boxes located next to the month and year for making
current selections. Select the number that represents today’s date for marking the current date on the calendar. Click on the “AM/PM” settings, and make use of the up and down navigation buttons for selecting a time of the day.
- Activate your date and time adjustments by clicking the “Apply” button. Hit the “Ok” button to save the changes.
- Choose your time zone. To do this, go to the tab titled “Time Zone” in the “Date and Time properties” window. Select the time zone that is applicable to you from the drop down menu. Click on “Apply” and hit the “Ok” button.
- Go for automatic time adjustments. To do this, mark the check box which says “Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes”, and hit the “Ok” button. Go to the tab titled “Internet Time” and mark the check box which says “Automatically synchronize with an internet time server”. Hit the button labeled “Update”, then “Apply” and “Ok”.
That’s all with the instructions for fixing your Windows XP clock. Have a great day!
Peter Stowe Google+