Chances are you may encounter an error message reading Ox745f2780“ referenced memory at “0×00000000″. The memory could not be “read”. This happens when you are logging into your XP user account or when installing or working with any program. When you click the Ok button to terminate the program, the system becomes irresponsive and freeze. Even restarting will not do much help. Usually the error comes associated with the Windows Update program. When you are downloading some updates or notifications from the Microsoft Update site, this error can occur.
The best way to get rid of this error is not to click the OK button to terminate the program. If that is done, the system will freeze and will lead to further troubles. As the error is associated with a Windows update problem, it can be fixed by resetting Windows update, while the computer is still on. This article will provide the instructions that will help to fix an error in windows XP.
Instructions by Windows tech support
If you are hit by the Ox745f2780 error in Windows XP when working with Microsoft update, follow the below given instructions for fixing the issue. the steps are as follows:
- Click on the Start button of the computer to open the Start menu.
- Find the My Computer icon and right-click it.
- Select the Properties option. This will open the System Properties dialog box.
- Click the Automatic Updates tab from the top of the dialog box.
- Select the Turn off Automatic Updates option.
- Click the OK button.
- Reboot the computer system.
- After restarting, connect to the Internet.
- Click the Start button again on the desktop.
- Click All Programs and select Windows Update. This will update Windows manually.
- Click Start, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
- Click the Automatic Updates tab and turn on automatic updates by selecting Automatic.
This will reset the Windows update feature of the operating system. Hereafter when you try to download or work with Windows update features and functionalities, the error will not occur.
Note that if the error happens, you should never terminate the program. If the above given steps are not helping you in resolving the issue, contact Windows tech support for assistance.