All you Windows users may want to transfer your Outlook contact numbers to an Android phone. Though it may seem simple like transferring the contacts details from Outlook to CSV, it involves a rather roundabout way of contact transfer. You will have to first set up Google in your smartphone and create a Gmail account in the phone or use the already existing Gmail account.
If you have referred our previous posts, you will know how to import contacts from Outlook into a CSV. If you do not know, check our earlier posts. The site will help you import contacts into CSV without seeking help from the experts at the other end of Windows support number.
Once you have exported the contacts into a CSV file, you can use this CSV file to import the contacts to the Android phone. Read the instructions given for transferring the contacts to Android phone.
Instructions for transferring contacts
Convert Outlook Contacts to a CSV File Format
- Open Microsoft Outlook on the computer and click the File tab button.
- Select Options from the menu list.
- Select Advanced from the drop-down menu.
- Locate Export section and select Export to display the Import & Export Wizard.
- Select the Export to a file option from the menu. Click the Next button to continue.
- Select the option Comma separated values (Windows) under Create a file of type and click the Next button.
- Select the Contacts folder that you want to export the Outlook contact numbers to. Click the Next button.
- Click Browse under Save exported file into the computer. Click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button.
Import CSV File To Google Gmail
- Log on to the Google Gmail user account.
- Enter the user name in the Username text box.
- Enter the password information in the Password text box and click the
Sign in button.
- Click on the Contacts hyperlink on the Google Gmail Webpage.
- Select Import from the More drop-down menu.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Google Gmail will display the contacts you imported.
These will import your Outlook contacts to your Android phone; you don’t need to contact Windows support number for this small purpose.