Windows Live suite is a collection of email, chat and other services for Windows users. The programs and services included in the suite are Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Hotmail, Skype and Windows Live Essential. These programs and services make communication and file transfer much easier and convenient. Since it is a trusted suite from Microsoft, Windows users tend to use the services extensively for email communication and chatting.
Since these services are used extensively, the chances of the data and hard drive corruption are more. If the hard drive data is corrupted, the functionality of the programs will be affected. This article will help you resolve the issues and errors with any of the Windows Live component.
Instructions by Windows online support
- Backup the computer files.
Note: Continual backups will protect the data loss if Windows Live program or services fail. An empty storage medium like a blank CD or a USB flash drive, an external hard drive can be used.
- Click Start at the lower left-hand corner of the PC.
- Select Restart.
- Restarting the system will clear the system cache and will restore functionality of some error-prone programs.
- Determine the type of the error with Windows Live, whether it is connected to a Windows Live program installed on the computer like Windows Live Messenger or a web-based Windows Live service like Windows Live Hotmail.
- Open Internet Explorer by double-clicking its icon on the Windows desktop or by selecting it from the Start menu.
- Click Tools. Select Internet Options.
- Click Generalin the dialog window.
- Under the Temporary Internet Files, click Delete Cookies and Delete Files. This clears the browser cache.
- Double-click My Computer on the Windows desktop, or select My Computer from the Start menu.
- Right-click the C:\ drive, or the hard drive partition where Windows system files are stored.
- Click Properties and select Tools.
- Click Defragment Now. The tool will defragment the hard drive data and makes it easier for the Windows Live programs to operate.
- The corruption of hard drive data can cause software errors in all installed programs, including Windows Live.
These steps will fix the issues with Windows Live components. If the issues persist, contact Windows online support for more help.
Peter Stowe Google+