Web folders in Windows Vista are used to store files that enable users to connect with SharePoint or WebDAV servers. SharePoint is basically a web platform developed by Microsoft, which can be used for intranet content management and document management. This application consists of web technologies that are extremely useful for many organizations, provided that they are backed by a common technical infrastructure. WebDAV is actually an extension of HTTP, that facilitate collaboration between users engaged in editing and managing documents and files stored on World Wide Web servers.
Changing specific settings of files in the web folders will also affect the servers. If incase you don’t need features anymore, they can be removed easily. This can be done without using the registry feature, in Windows Vista operating system. However, you are required to have administrative rights or else you can do it. This article contains step by step instructions for deleting the web folders from Windows Vista operating system.
Tech support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Windows Vista help team, which will help you in the process of deleting web folders.
- Start off with this procedure by logging in to your Vista computer using an account having administrative privileges. You need to have administrative privileges for deleting folders and programs.
- Continue with this procedure by clicking on the Windows “Start” button. You can see this button on the bottom left-hand
corner of your desktop.
- Click on the option labeled “Computer” from the start menu. This will open a new window with a list of programs.
- Now you need to locate the web folders which you want to delete. The web folders will be having a folder icon with an earth image in the middle.
- Press the “Ctrl” key of your keyboard and select the folders for deletion.
- After that right click and click on the option titled “Delete” from the given menu.
- Confirm your choice by pressing “Yes” in the popup windows. Enter your administrative password when prompted to do so. This will remove the folders from your computer.
That’s all with the instructions for deleting web folders in Windows Vista. Thanks for reading and have a good day!
Peter Stowe Google+