Windows XP is equipped with a remote assistance feature which allows other peoples to connect to your computer remotely. At times, you might be faced with a need to reinstall this feature. You can do this through the control panel of your operating system. In this article, you can find step by step instructions for reinstalling the Remote Assistance feature.
Windows XP support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Windows XP support team which will assist you in the process of reinstalling the Remote Assistance feature.
- Start off by clicking the Windows “Start” button.
- Select “Control Panel” from the start menu.
- Click on the option which says “Add/Remove Programs”.
- Select the option “Windows Components”.
- Mark the “Remote Desktop” check box.
- If incase you want to install the web version of Remote Assistance, click on the “+” symbol located next to “Internet information services”, and then mark the check box which says “Remote Desktop web connection”.
- Hit the “Next” button for installing the Remote Desktop service. Once the installation process is complete, restart your computer. Now you need to enable it on your system so that the administrators and tech support professionals can connect to the computer.
- Once again, click on the Windows “Start” button. Select “Control Panel” from the start menu.
- Select the option which says “Performance and Maintenance” from the given list.
- Click on the option which says “System”, and a new window will open up displaying your main system information.
- Go to the tab titled “Remote”.
- Click on the option which says “Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be sent from this computer”.
- Hit the button labeled “Advanced”. In the newly opened window, type the amount of time in minutes for which you would like to allow users to connect to your computer.
- Mark the check box which says “Allow this computer to be controlled remotely”. This option enables administrators to connect to your computer remotely and gain access of it.
- Finally, hit the “Ok” button to save the settings.
That’s all with the instructions for reinstalling the remote assistance feature of your Windows XP computer. Thanks for reading!