Hypertexts and hyperlinks are inserted in websites for navigating to a specific webpage. The users, while browsing through the site, can right click the link to open it in another window, or click the middle button of the mouse. However, in Internet Explorer 7, when you try to open a link in another window, it will create some trouble.
In Internet Explorer 7, when the hyper link is commanded to open in a new window, it will either show a blank page or a scripting error message. The script error will indicate that the interface is not supported and that the window could not be opened. These are not the problem with the website or the link, for the hyperlinks will be opening in other browsers. The issues are due to browser problems. When simple features such as opening new windows or new tab in Internet Explorer is not working, it indicates that registration information or files of the browser have been corrupted, or changes have been made to the browser. To solve the issue, the user must restore the browser settings. The browser Tools will help in fixing these issues. This article shares the instructions for fixing the browser issues of Internet Explorer to open the hyperlinks in a new window.
Instructions by Windows tech support
These instructions given below will help in fixing the Internet Explorer issues and also in opening hyperlinks in another window. The steps are as follows:
- Start Internet Explorer 7 by double-clicking the desktop icon.
- Click the Tools button displayed on the right side of the IE 7 menu bar.
- Click on the Internet Options preference from the bottom of the Toolsdrop-down menu.
- Wait for the Internet Options windows to pop-up on the computer screen.
- Click on the tab on the upper region of the window that says Advanced.
- Locate the tab that says Reset at the bottom of the window.
- Click on it.
This will reset the Internet Explorer 7 browser to its original and functioning settings. The resetting should fix the issues with opening a new window. If the issues still persist, contact Windows tech support for help.
Hope this article will help you. Have a great day!