One of the most popular and top rated online instant messaging and chat program is the MSN messenger. It is not just a tool to be in touch with your family and friends around the globe, but is also a great business tool. However, one trouble with using MSN messenger you might have found is that, you will need a Hotmail email address to be able to use this chat client, or do you really want one? No idea?
Then, here are the Windows tech support instructions on how you can use an account for your MSN messenger that is not Hotmail.
Windows Tech support instructions to use an account that is not Hotmail in MSN Messenger
- Vi Windows Tech support, MSN messengersit Windows Live ID. This website gives you access to all MSN websites and utilities.
- See down the section titled “Use an Email Address You Already Have.” Click on the link for the section showing “Get Started Now.”
- After clicking it, type in your existing email address and choose a password. This will allow you to create a new Windows Live ID with your email address being the login id.
- Scroll down after you have completed the registration form and click the button marked “Continue”.
- On the next page, click the “Continue” button to complete the sign-up process.
- Check the inbox of the email address you used. There would be a confirmation email in the inbox prompting you to click a link to confirm that you wanted to sign up for a Windows Live ID account. Follow the instructions in this email to confirm that you are the one who registered the account.
- Open either Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger. You will be now able to log in using the email address and password that you selected.
So, that made it possible for you to use an account for your MSN Messenger that is not Hotmail. Do I need to explain more on that you don’t need a hotmail email address to be able to use MSN messenger? It’s obvious, right?!
Peter Stowe Google+