Chatting today has reached gargantuan proportions, attributable to the fact that more and more people are engaged in active internet usage. Chatting has helped people in a number of ways, be it in business and technology or just for the plain sake of killing time. Windows Live Messenger, formerly known as MSN Messenger, is a chatting/instant messaging application that runs as a separate application on all Microsoft operating systems. Although it can be used as a normal chat application, its unique features render it more suitable for office and business environments. One of the few qualms that people have with the messenger is the fact that it only runs on a Windows operating system. But even that has been sorted out by the Windows Live help team by providing a Mac runnable messenger available for download. The fact of the matter is that it is entirely identical to the Windows Live Messenger in design and features. But one problem that urgently needs attention is the fact that the Mac messenger’s extent of communication with other Windows Live Messenger users entirely depends on the version they download. Windows Live help thus provides you with a set of instructions that you need to follow to avoid this situation.
- First and foremost, the Windows Live help team recommends closing any open Windows-related applications. Go to Microsoft’s website for the Messenger for Mac. Click on the “Download Messenger for Mac 7” option and then select the newest version of Messenger for Mac.
- Choose the language you want and the application get downloaded. Drag the Microsoft Messenger icon to the Application
folder. Go to your Applications folder and click on the “Microsoft Messenger” icon.
- Click on the “Open” button to continue to the installation process. Click the “Next” button to read the Software Licensing Agreement. Click the “Next” button again to continue.
- Click on the “Accept” button. The setup assistant will search for previous versions of Messenger for Mac on your system. If none are found, click on the “OK” button. Choose what type of account you want to set.
- Enter your email address, user ID, and password and click the “Next” button. If you’re installing for a personal account, you’ll be given the option to create a new user ID and password if you need to. In case it is a corporate account, a system administrator will have to coordinate your password. You will have to restart you computer before attempting to log in. After logging in, your installation will be complete.
Hope the above mentioned set of instructions from Windows Live help has settled your issue. Thank you!